Sunday, January 31, 2016

Seesaw = Digital Portfolios of Progress!

The chromebooks have arrived!
Download for free!
Now that we are a 1:1 school, I can use technology any time. No making deals with other teachers, so that we can have the laptop cart. No searching for the cart that I did check out. 
So much to be thankful for!

Recently, I shared my initial impressions of Seesaw. Well, I was clueless! Since then, I've learned that anything shareable, can be shared on Seesaw.

I have printed my class QR codes to give to parents at conferences. As long as they have an iOS, Android, chromebook, or any computer using Firefox or Chrome Browsers, they can stay up to date on their child's work.

Other reasons for my love of Seesaw:
  • Seesaw has student activity ideas. I will be using a few of those, so that my students can get comfortable with uploading their own work. I've been a bit of a control freak until now.
  • Teachers can flag work. I have flagged a student's work that I want to share at her Annual IEP Review, this week! I don't want to be distracted by work that we have already discussed.
  • Students can share to Seesaw from Shadow Puppet Edu, Haiku Deck, Storybird.com, ChatterPix Kids, and Total Recall!
  • Simple to monitor IEP goals, without pulling students from grade level instruction
  • Students can snap pics of their work. Then they can add text, drawing or voice, before sharing to the class journal.
  • Your class can even blog, connecting with a global audience!
  • If you are feeling especially proud of your students, you can tweet their work. Seesaw's posts remove all personal information, so that the students' anonymity is protected.
  • Free!
  • No Passwords!
  • Promotes strong communication between home and school.
  • I still love it most, because it is a portable, organized way to share multiple students' Portfolios of Progress!  

Bye, bye paper!





No comments:

Post a Comment